''Shut up or I'll kill you''Jennifer Fierberg, MSW Salem-News.com
General Kayumba Nyamwasa residence attacked by gunmen in Johannesburg (South Africa)
(WASHINGTON, DC) - Over ten years ago Allison Des Forges, the first prominent researcher on Rwanda and the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, wrote about Kagame and how he eliminates his political dissidents with impunity. Kagame goes to great lengths to imprison, kill or drive into exile and then even hunts them down in exile to silence them.
Once again, another Rwandan Political Opposition figure has faced an attempt on his life. The details are still developing as the South African Police investigate the situation.
The Rwanda National Congress has released the following press release regarding the situation:
- Washington DC, March 4, 2014
- The Rwandan opposition platform RNC, FDU-Inkingi and Amahoro People's congress unreservedly condemns the armed attack on the residence of General Kayumba Nyamwasa in Johannesburg (South Africa) by gunmen while the residents were away. We are thankful that nobody was injured. South African police and security services are investigating the attack. This is a third attempt on his life since his exile in South Africa in 2010.
- The international community has witnessed the assassination of another opposition leader, Colonel Patrick Karegeya on December 31, 2013, in Johannesburg (South Africa).
- On January 12, 2014 during a breakfast prayer function in Kigali (Rwanda), President Kagame commenting on the murder of the late Patrick Karegeya, confirmed that those who oppose his murderous rule should expect consequences and that it was just a matter of time.
- To the Rwandan people, it is time to stop this criminal onslaught on Rwandan citizens. Our members and many other Rwandans know this is unacceptable and believe that an attack on one of us is an attack on all who support peace and the rule of law. As we have said before we shall never up or give in until all Rwandans are free.
- Let us unite, mobilize and organize!
- Further details will be communicated later.
- On behalf of the opposition Platform RNC, FDU-INKINGI and
- Amahoro People's Congress,
- Dr. Theogene Rudasingwa
Rwanda National Congress.