Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miss California Miss USA Carrie Prejean may lose her title over little white lie, nudie pics


Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 2:42 Pm


Outspoken pageant princess Carrie Prejean has been labeled many things, but a liar ain't one of them. Until now ...
The reigning Miss California Miss USA may find herself dethroned thanks to an itty-bitty white lie she reportedly told a pageant official.
Prejean insisted in an e-mail to pageant director Keith Lewis that the topless photo of herself that leaked online Tuesday is the only one she posed for. The beauty queen wears only pink rhinestone-studded panties and a seductive smile in the shot.
"This was when I was 17 years old," Prejean, 21, wrote, per TMZ. "I was a minor. It was when I was first getting into the modeling world, being naive, and young. I shouldn't have taken the photo of me in my underwear. There are no other photos of me. This was the only one I took."
Nuh-uh says the celebrity site, which has seen four topless photos of Prejean. And Lewis isn't pleased by the new development.
"I'm absolutely stunned," he said. "This completely changes things for us. Yesterday we thought she had explained things accurately. We need to revisit this issue with her."
Lewis' declaration comes just after reports that pageant officials are debating whether to strip Prejean of her crown.
The blonde bombshell may have violated her 12-page Miss California USA contract by posing for the nudie pics and appearing in a controversial ad criticizing same-sex marriage.
The contract, which all contestants are required to sign, contains a clause asking participants whether they have ever been photographed nude or partially nude and if they conducted themselves "in accordance with the highest ethical and moral standards."
Prejean fought back after the photos leaked online Tuesday, telling Us Weekly, "I am not perfect, and I will never claim to be ... I am a Christian, and I am a model. Models pose for pictures, including lingerie and swimwear photos."
Prejean rose to fame in mid-April after declaring her opposition to same-sex marriage during the Miss USA pageant.
"I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage," she said in response to a question on her view of gay marriage.
"And you know what? I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."
Prejean later said her first runner-up placement was a direct result of her answer.While Prejean's right to the crown is in question, her replacement is already (anxiously) waiting in the wings.
Runner-up Tami Farrell e-mailed a pageant offical about her hope of filling Prejean's place.
"I would never want to steal someone's spotlight," Farrell wrote, per TMZ. "Her [Carrie's] beliefs are not what is in question, but her contractual obligations to the Miss California USA program. I...can only hope to refocus all of the attention from the current controversy onto some of the more positive aspects of the program

No comments:

Post a Comment